Facial Feminization Surgery (FFS)
Facial feminization surgery (FFS) includes a group of reconstructive surgical procedures that adjust masculine facial features and make them more feminine. Most of these procedures fall under the category of maxillofacial and craniofacial surgery. There are many types of facial feminization surgery options, including brow lifts, lip augmentation, cheek implants, and more.
Because feminine features typically include smoother foreheads, higher brows, smaller noses, fuller lips, rounded chins, narrower jaws, and a reduced Adam’s apple, FFS surgery options address all of these issues. Facial feminization surgery can help patients feel more like their true selves. Because there are so many FFS surgical procedures, you can meet with your surgeon to help determine the best path to achieve your desired results. It is recommended that facial feminization surgery occurs after skull bones have finished growing.
The Loren S. Schechter Plastic Surgery team is made up of plastic and cosmetic surgery experts committed to patient-centered care. In addition to facial feminization surgery, we also offers transfeminine procedures such as vaginoplasty, as well as a selection of non-surgical alternatives. A list of the Facial Feminization procedures we offer is listed below:
- Brow lift (with frontal bone reduction)
- Brow lift (without frontal bone reduction)
- Brow lift (with hairline advancement and frontal bone reduction)
- Upper eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Brow lift with upper eyelid Blepharoplasty
- Facelift (may include lipofilling of nasolabial fold, perioral Dermabrasion, liposuction of neck)
- Nasal surgery (rhinoplasty)
- Mandible and/or chin reduction
- Cheek implants
If you are interested in scheduling a consultation, please contact our office at (847) 967-5122. You may also contact us by email.